[vtkusers] Error in vtkImageMultipleInputFilter.cxx

Zeger Knops zeger at cs.uu.nl
Mon Nov 26 05:04:04 EST 2001

Taken from vtkImageMultipleInputFilter.cxx line 140

//----------------------------------------------------------------------
------
void vtkImageMultipleInputFilter::ExecuteInformation()
{
  vtkImageData *output = this->GetOutput();
  vtkImageData *input = this->GetInput(0);

  if ( input == NULL || output == NULL)
    {
    return;
    }

  // Set the defaults from input1
  output->CopyTypeSpecificInformation(input);

  // Let the subclass modify the default.
  this->ExecuteInformation((vtkImageData**)(this->Inputs), output);
}

Why is the output adjusted to the input? If I have a filter with a nxn
input twice and I would like the output to be something else that won't
work because of this. Is this a bug or is there a special reason to
adjust the ouput.

Zeger Knops