[vtkusers] Re: VtkImageBlend does not blend grey level with RGB Image

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Sun Nov 25 02:55:20 EST 2001

Hi Pratheek,

The easiest way is to put the RGB image as Input(0) and the
greyscale image as Input(1).  The issue here is that the Output
of vtkImageBlend always has the same number of components as
Input(0), so if you want the output to be RGB then the first
input must be RGB.

If the greyscale image must be on the bottom, then you can turn it
into RGB by passing it through vtkImageMapToColors with a greyscale
color map.  Then you can blend other RGB, RGBA, or greyscale images
on top of it.

 - David