[vtkusers] installation problem

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Nov 19 21:01:48 EST 2001

    AV>    I want to install vtk on my win2000 pro PC.  Can somebody
    AV> please tell me the requirements for it and installation
    AV> procedure.

Depends on how you want to do it.  Install from binaries?  Well,
download them from the vtk site (http://public.kitware.com/VTK),
install them and you have VTK installed.  If you want it from source
-- do you want it via CVS or you want to try the 3.2 tree?  In either
case you again have to visit the site download the stuff read the
README's and follow the instructions.  If you are stuck somewhere
search on the mailing lists, search on the web to see if someone else
had a similar problem.  If you dont get any help post a message to the
vtk users list, someone may reply.  Also keep your signature in mind
when you do this. ;)

prabhu