[vtkusers] Marching Cubes

lydia many vtklydia at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 12 07:35:26 EST 2001

Dear Mr Lorensen, Dear All,
I have two questions. It will be very appreciated if someone especially Mr
lorensen could answer:
1.I saw the site of "making your own visible woman" and read all the steps
to follow for the reconstruction but
As you know, for the vivible woman, there are sets of slices with diffrent
pixel sizes. The reconstruction of such sets gives some misalgnements of the
organ. How did you solve the problem?

2. I would like to use the marching cubes algorithm and the 3D model of the
bone is very heavy even after decimation. Do you know if there is a variant
of marching cubes that doesn't calculate internal isosurface.That means that
I like to have just the outer isosuface and an empty bone.