[vtkusers] vtk 4.0 and tcl

David J. Netherway david.netherway at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Nov 8 23:24:34 EST 2001

Hello Sylvain,

The following reply from Prabhu straightened me out - I had not noticed
the readme file.
Basically
all I had to do
was set an environmental variable ( My Computer, right mouse button,
Properties, Advanced,
Environmental Variables,
System Variables). Create a new environmental variable  pointing to the
Tcl package
directory. For
example:
TCLLIBPATH {e:/Program Files/VTK/Wrapping/Tcl}

David

----------------------------

I dont know how much this will help but there is a very nice README in
Wrapping/Tcl/README.  I think it should answer most (if not all) your
concerns.

prabhu

Sylvain Jaume wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I ran into the same problem.
> Have you found a solution?
> If you have, please tell me.
>
> Thanks!
> Sylvain
>
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, David J. Netherway wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have used CVS and downloaded and built vtk 4.0 from 30 October on
a Win2000 pc.

> > I have a vtk.exe file.
> >
> > I can get it to run tcl scripts and put up tk widgets but it fails
on "package require
vtk" so
> > does not run any of the vtk tcl examples.
> >
> > What do I need to do to get this working? I probably need to find
out how tcl uses
packages to