[vtkusers] Profiling VTK pipelines in Java

Oliver Vidovic ovidovic at medipattern.com
Wed Nov 7 16:53:48 EST 2001

 Hi,

 I have some vtk code written in Java, and I need to profile it.
 I know that I can use some profiling tool (java -prof, JProbe, etc.), but
is there a way to hook some custom written code into the pipeline and find
out how long does it take to execute each element in the pipeline?
 I think the SetStartMethod, SetEndMethod could be used, but I don't know
what should the parameters be set to. Java documentation is somewhat scarce
on the subject. 8-D

 thanks
 oliver