[vtkusers] Memory usage and ReleaseDataFlag

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Wed May 30 19:43:58 EDT 2001

Part1)
If a filter outputs a dataset and
filter->SetReleaseDataFlag is true
and the output is used as an input to multiple filters. Should the data
only be released when all filters consuming the output have updated. I seem
to be getting multiple updates and trouble.

part 2)
An image filter outputting an image which is passed into vtkTexture can't
have ReleaseDataFlag(1) can it? Otherwise the texture reexecutes on every
render. True or false (true from where I'm sitting, but I don't really
believe it). Have I done something wrong.

Thanks

JB