[vtkusers] Solaris Compilation error....

Marietta E. Cameron mcameron at bsc.edu
Tue May 22 16:55:18 EDT 2001

Hello....

I am trying to compile vtk3.2 on the a sun workstation....
Solaris Os 5.6

I am receiving a compiler error on the include file Xutil.h:

/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xutil.h:363 ANSI C++ forbids declaration 'XClipBox'
with no type....

This message is repeated for almost each declaration in Xutil.h.....

Has anyone else encounter this problem and what was the solution?

I am compiling with Sun Workshop Compiler C++ .... but I have also tried g++
with no success.

Suggestions anyone?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

--Marietta