[vtkusers] speed of volumetric rendering

Lisa S. Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Tue May 22 11:17:53 EDT 2001

Hello Edi,

What mapper are you using? VolView uses up to three
vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D mappers and one vtkVolumeRayCastMapper mapper (or
just a single vtkVolumeProMapper if happen to have that hardware). The
three texture mappers have different resolutions of data - one of which is
smaller than 64x64x64 I believe (maybe 32x64x64).

What rendering rates are you seeing, and how different are they than what
you see in VolView?

Lisa