[vtkusers] How to improve the quality of rendered lines?

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon May 21 15:07:41 EDT 2001

Hi,

I am using Mayavi to visualize VTK files and I have noticed  that when
saving a scene to a TIFF file, the quality of lines (and text) is too poor
for printing on the paper.

>From previous messages I see that RenderMan is suggested for getting
better quality of exported scenes. Does it apply also for scenes that
contain mostly lines, and only few plane slices?

I know that vector graphics is better suited for this (but don't know if
there is similar software, as VTK, available).
But still, is there a way to improve such an output in VTK so that it will
look good also on paper, not just on a screen?

Thanks,
	Pearu