[vtkusers] MFC Sample (What does VTKMFC objects mean?)

demmi demmi at surfree.com
Thu May 17 23:57:15 EDT 2001

Hello vtkmfc users,

I'm new to both MFC and VTK.
I'm just learning how to use vtk with MFC using the sample.dsw file.
I read the ReadMe.txt file come with the sample.
Below are some instruction from ReadMe.txt file:

    Basic instructions (see the Sample for more informaiton)

    1) create an empty MFC app with standard options
    2) add in the VTKMFC objects using the gallery option
       (project -- add to project -- components)
    3) edit the view and doc class generated by MFC so that they
       are subclasses of vtkMFCDocument and vtkMFVRenderView
       edit sampleview.h to change the supoerclass to vtkMFCRenderView and
add
Could someone explain what the instruction # (2) means?

Thanks you!
Gundulp