[vtkusers] vtkSocketController and dataset updates

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon May 14 17:20:25 EDT 2001

	I know what you mean, it can be quite annoying. After the
	first update (which you can force with Update() on the port),
	you can set the output of vtkInputPort to NULL (make sure
	that you do this after doing a ob->SetInput(inputPort->GetOutput())
	or the data will be deleted -or register the output-). This way,
	the filters after the port will be separated and will not
	send any updates through the socket. However, when something
	changes and polydata is updated, you will have to re-connect
	the output. The solutions that you are suggestion might be
	tricky since they deal with pipeline update mechanism. Without
	knowing the internals of vtk very well, I would not play with
	the update mechanism.

	Berk