[vtkusers] convert vtkRectilinearGrid to vtkStructuredGrid

Adam D. Burry aburry at igotechnologies.com
Thu May 10 18:09:06 EDT 2001

Hi:

I've got an easy question for all the experts here. What is the best
(simple/efficient) way to convert a vtkRectilinearGrid to a
vtkStructuredGrid? Is there a simple way to sample, for example?

For example, if I had
1) a bunch of pixmap/bitmap/image/tiff (pick your favourite format)
files
2) pixel (0,0) in image 1 is directly over pixel (0,0) in image 2, etc.
3) and the images are separated by some spacing, say 5 - 10 mm

(sound like CT data?)

I could read that into a vtkRectilinearGrid (somehow?), but then how do
I convert that to a vtkStructuredGrid so that I can see arbitrary
slices?

If possible, could you include pseudo code in your answer? Or point to
an example that does exactly what I'm asking?

Thank you very much.
Adam

--
Adam Burry