[vtkusers] Windows, latest VTK Snapshot, and Unresolved Symbols

Kent Vander Velden graphix at iastate.edu
Thu May 10 12:02:22 EDT 2001

  Using the latest VTK (as of a couple of days ago) snapshot under
Windows I get messages such as the following at link time in Visual C++:

pdb_viewer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkViewport::RemovePropW(class vtkProp *)" (__imp_?RemovePropW at vtkViewport@@QAEXPAVvtkProp@@@Z)

  This message is directly connected to this line in the software:

renderer_->RemoveActor(actor_);

where renderer_ is a vtkRenderer* and actor_ is a vtkActor*.  I do not
see this link problem under Linux.  Also, when I remove this line the
program links without errors.

  Any ideas why I might be getting this error?

  Thanks.

---
Kent Vander Velden
kent at iastate.edu