[vtkusers] vtk on osx from sources

Yves Starreveld ystarrev at uwo.ca
Wed May 2 11:27:31 EDT 2001

Hi,

The last files to let vtk build on osx using the Quartz window server
have been committed.

If you would like to try it out, you need to update your cvs from
outside the vtk directory, since there is a new directory added to the
vtk directory.

Inside the macintosh directory, there is a readme.

Please let me know if there are any issues/suggestions.

Also, inside the macintosh directory, there are versions of the
Kits.make, system.make.in, configure, configure.in, and Makefile.in for
the python, graphics, imaging directories.

All these files should work for osx and for *nix/ cygwin windows builds
also.

Please try them on your non-osx system to make sure they do, and let me
know. I have tested them successfully on IRIX64 and Linux systems.

Thanks for all the helpful feedback.

Yves Starreveld