[vtkusers] vtkSource::ComputeEstimatedPipelineMemorySize

Naveen Kumar Polapally naveenpkumar at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:00:04 EST 2001

hi,

I did not get a reply to my previous mail ,so i am sending one more.
I have the following stages in the Iso-surfacing pipeline.

1)vtkVolume16Reader
2)vtkMarchingCubes
3)vtkPolyDataMapper
4)vtkActor
5)vtkRenderer
6)vtkRenderWindow

I want to get the size of the data after each stage.but only stages
1 and 2 have ComputeEstimatedOutputMemorySize().But I get proper result only
in case of vtkVolume16Reader.vtkMarchingCubes gives me zero for the result.I
think this is because this method was not over written in the class
vtkStructuredPointsToPolyDataFilter.h.

I also want to know if there is a way to find out the amount of data after
each of the other stages.If any one has faced a similar problem,
please reply.

thanks.