[vtkusers] vtkContourGrid ???

Chris Mumford cmumford at teclabs.net
Thu Mar 22 17:08:40 EST 2001

> VTK has several useful algorithms for converting points to data forms that
can be contoured.
> * vtkGaussianSplatter - points to vtkStructuredPoints/vtkImageData
(ellipsoidal splats)
> * vtkShepardMethod = points to vtkStructuredPoints/vtkImageData (simple
inverse weighting as Patrick describes)
> * vtkDelaunay2D - points to vtkPolyData
> * vtkDelaunay3D - points to vtkUnstructuredGrid
> * vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter - points to
vtkStructuredPoints/vtkImageData (Hoppe's surface algorithm thanks to Tim
Hutton)
> * vtkImplicitModeller - vertex cells (you have to create a vertex per
point) to vtkStructuredPoints/vtkImageData (distance function)

> There are probably a few more...
>
> Will

Will:

Thanks for your input. I managed to get something that look reasonably good
using vtkShepardMethod. It's still a darn spinning 3D cube kind of thingy,
but hopefully I can get it displayed as 2D soon.

Thanks again,

Chris