[vtkusers] automatic update of objects generating a vtkAbstractTransform

Alexandre Guimond guimond at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 20 18:58:32 EST 2001

Hi all.  I build a little object that does image registration and
outputs a vtkAbstractTransform.  It is derived from vtkProcessObject.
The problem I have is that when I want use the resulting
transformation, for example with vtkImageReslice, I have to call
RegistrationObject->Update() explicitly since there is no automatic
update mechanism for vtkAbstractTransform such as there is for
vtkDataObject, or at least none that I know of.  Is there a simple way
of implementing this sort of thing in vtk, or would I have to through
and develop the same type of update process that exists with
vtkSource/vtkDataObject?

thx for the info.
--
Alexandre Guimond, Ph.D. guimond at bwh.harvard.edu Phone:(617) 278-0800