[vtkusers] a 'new' RedHAt 7.0 Compile Problem

Jason RILEY J.Riley at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 12:28:58 EST 2001

dear all,

I am trying to install VTK31 on redhat 7.
I have downgraded my compiler to gcc2.9.5 and patched it with glibc2.2
I have installed the nvidia drivers and GLX library from nvidia for the
GeforceII graphics card.

I use configure:
 ./configure --prefix=/home/jriley/vtk31 --with-shared --with-tcl
--with-tkwidget --with-patented --with-contrib

when I compile the target program crashes with a segmentation fault...

cd common;     make - targets.make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jriley/vtk31/common'
../targets ./.. extra .  concrete vtkActor2D vtkActor2DCollection vtkBitArray
vtkByteSwap vtkCellArray vtkCellData vtkCellLinks vtkCellTypes vtkCharArray
vtkCollection vtkContourValu
es vtkCoordinate vtkDataObject vtkDataSetAttributes vtkDataSetCollection
vtkDirectory vtkDy
namicLoader vtkDoubleArray vtkEdgeTable vtkEmptyCell vtkFieldData
vtkFloatArray vtkFloatNor
mals vtkFloatPoints vtkFloatScalars vtkFloatTCoords vtkFloatTensors
vtkFloatVectors vtkGene
ralTransformConcatenation vtkGeneralTransformInverse vtkGenericCell
vtkHexahedron vtkIdList
 vtkImageData vtkImageSource vtkImageToStructuredPoints
vtkImplicitFunctionCollection vtkIn
dent vtkIntArray vtkLine vtkLogLookupTable vtkLongArray vtkLookupTable
vtkMapper2D vtkMath
vtkMatrix4x4 vtkMergePoints2D vtkMultiThreader vtkMutexLock vtkNormals
vtkObject vtkOutputW
indow vtkPixel vtkPlane vtkPlaneCollection vtkPointData vtkPointLocator
vtkPointLocator2D v
tkPoints vtkPolyData vtkPolyLine vtkPolyVertex vtkPolygon vtkPriorityQueue
vtkProcessObject
 vtkProp vtkPropAssembly vtkPropCollection vtkProperty2D vtkPyramid vtkQuad
vtkRectilinearG
rid vtkReferenceCount vtkScalars vtkShortArray vtkSource vtkStack
vtkStructuredData vtkStru
cturedGrid vtkStructuredPoints vtkTCoords vtkTensor vtkTensors vtkTetra
vtkTimeStamp vtkTim
erLog vtkTransform vtkTransformCollection vtkTriangle vtkTriangleStrip
vtkUnsignedCharArray
 vtkUnsignedIntArray vtkUnsignedLongArray vtkUnsignedShortArray
vtkUnstructuredGrid vtkVect
ors vtkVersion vtkVertex vtkVoidArray vtkVoxel vtkWedge
vtkWindowLevelLookupTable vtkWindow
ToImageFilter abstract vtkAbstractMapper vtkAttributeData vtkCell vtkDataArray
vtkDataSet v
tkGeneralTransform vtkImplicitFunction vtkLocator vtkObjectFactory vtkPointSet
vtkScalarsTo
Colors vtkViewport vtkWindow concrete_h vtkObjectFactoryCollection  abstract_h
make[1]: *** [targets.make] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
make[1]: *** Deleting file `targets.make'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jriley/vtk31/common'

Please Help!!!!!pretty Please!!

thanks,
Jason

Jason Riley                     PhD Student
Computer Science Department
University College London       Telephone:      ucl: 3876
Gower Street                               external: +44 (0)20 7679 3876
London
WC1E 6BT                        WebPage: http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/J.Riley
UK