[vtkusers] genarating movies from VTK views

Andrew Uplinger a_uplinger at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 10 14:05:49 EST 2001

Hi,

I briefly experimented with Windows Media Encoder
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/wm7/encoder.asp) (only
works on W98, Me, and W2000).   It has a screen capture function- define a
region to capture,  and the encoder will make a movie of that region.  I
have done this with simple vis with vtk, and it works out quite nicely.
Advantage- it's quick, free, and easy.  Disadvantage- complex vis will
overwhelm your computer and the video capture will stop.

Andrew