[vtkusers] Good editor for windows

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Fri Mar 9 14:59:33 EST 2001

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Shiva Bissoon wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good editor for writing tcl programs in WinNT???
> I am currently using notepad and it is not that good.
> Shiva

My personal recommendation is emacs, it has a very complete tcl mode.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html
get the 'bin' or 'fullbin' .tar.gz files (tar and gzip for Windows
are included in the 'utilities' directory of the ftp directory).

After you un-tar, run 'addpm.exe' in the bin directory to make emacs
operational.

Whichever editor you choose, you should go into the Windows "File Types"
and change the 'edit' action of the TCL filetype to use the appropriate
editor.

 - David