[vtkusers] Compiling VTK 3.2 on RedHat 7.0

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Mar 9 11:51:36 EST 2001

hi,

    David> I think that the general consensus is that in RH 7.0 both
    David> the compiler and the mesa libraries are broken for
    David> VTK.  They say that RH has a patch for the compiler, and I
    David> think people have recompiled the mesa libraries and gotten
    David> it to work (however since your using the NVIDIA drivers,
    David> the mesa comment doesn't apply to you).

That might not be the case because, the nVidia rpms only provide the
OpenGL library and not the headers.  IIRC, the headers that ship with
RH also had a problem so, the problem may also be due to this.  My
suggestion is to visit the search email link from the vtk home page

	   http://public.kitware.com/htdig/search.html

and enter the string

"HOWTO get VTK 3.1.2 to work on RedHat 7.0" and then search.

You should hit some informative messages.

HTH,
prabhu