[vtkusers] Patch for wxPython + VTK fix.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Mar 9 06:49:01 EST 2001

hi,

Rather than send a patch to the whole list I'd like to ask someone
with CVS access and the time if they would be willing to look at the
stuff?  I will send in the patches to them.  I'd appreciate if someone
could also help me with the following questions:

Right now I have added a method called SetParentInfo(char *) that is
very similar to the SetWindowInfo method to the files
vtkRenderWindow.h, vtkXRenderWindow.{h,cxx},
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.{h,cxx}.  This enables one to set the
ParentId from a Python script.

The question is since vtkRenderWindow is derived from vtkWindow should
I add these methods to vtkWindow also?  If I add them to the
vtkWindow, then I will have to add the methods to the vtkImageWindow
and derived classes as well.  However, I found that the Info related
methods are not implemented in the ImageWindows.  Should I go ahead
and add them in as well?  Any objections or specific reason why these
were never implemented??

thanks,
prabhu

--
It is never wise to turn aside from knowing, however the knowing
comes.