[vtkusers] picking a volume

Jeroen van Baar jeroen at merl.com
Thu Mar 8 14:57:00 EST 2001

Dear VTK users,

My scene is very simple and consists only of one volume (sometimes with
an outline, but mostly not). My understanding of the render window
interactor to transform objects is to switch from camera mode to object
mode (pressing 'o'), pick the object I want to transform with the
interactor (pressing 'p') and then I should be able to transform my
volume. However it seems (and I did some debugging to figure out what
happened in the code) that volumes cannot be picked, only actors? Is
that right or am I missing something? How can one pick volumes such that
the render window interactor can transform them?

Thanks in advance,
-jeroen
--
Jeroen van Baar