[vtkusers] embedding python vtk pipelines in c++ vtk

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Thu Mar 8 09:43:04 EST 2001

Dear VTKers,

I have a growing C++ VTK application and I'm pondering how I could go about
having pipeline fragments in Python and having these interact with my VTK
pipelines, i.e. I would like to SetInput() on a C++ instance with the
GetOutput from a python "instance".  In this way, the application would be
nicely extensible with python scripts.

I have looked at CXX (cxx.sourceforge.net) but it seems that this wants to
wrap all python datastructures in its own C++ equivalents.  Has anyone got
any ideas w.r.t. this (combining python vtk pipelines with pipelines in a
mainly C++ application)?

Any information, pointers and FMs would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
charl p. botha      | computer graphics and cad/cam
http://cpbotha.net/ | http://www.cg.its.tudelft.nl/