[vtkusers] vtk3.2beta bug

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Sat Mar 3 13:30:47 EST 2001

Hi,

vtkUnstructuredGrid::ShallowCopy fails to copy through anything but points if the
vtkDataObject that you pass through doesn't downcast safely to a vtkUnstructuredGrid.  That
means that "this->GetInput()" must either be a vtkUnstructuredGrid, or a subclass of
vtkUnstructuredGrid.  Currently, there is no sublcass of vtkUnstructuredGrid unless you wrote
one, so my guess is that whatever you're passing ShallowCopy is not a vtkUnstructuredGrid.
-Jeff

johnny carroll norris wrote:

> Hello,
>
> vtkUnstructuredGrid::ShallowCopy() fails to pass through the cell information.
> If you use
>
>    this->GetOutput()->ShallowCopy(this->GetInput());
>
> in a custom filter derived from vtkUnstructuredGridToUnstructuredGridFilter,
> the output will have the points and point data, but no cells.
>
> John
> --
> John Norris
> Research Programmer
> Center for Simulation of Advanced Rockets
> http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/jnorris

J.A. Lee