[vtkusers] Need help regarding running VTK examples

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Fri Mar 2 12:06:40 EST 2001

$VTK_TCL is your enviroment variable that is added to /vtkInt.tcl. This probably
does not point to the actual directory where vtkInt.tcl is located. Either copy
the file to where the script expects it be or change the line to point to the
file's correct location or fix the environement variable....john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [208.136.18.25]

From: Chandragupta Ganguly <ganguly at acsu.buffalo.edu>@public.kitware.com on
03/02/2001 11:33 AM

                          Chandragupta Ganguly           To:   vtkusers at public.kitware.com
 <ganguly at acsu.buffalo.edu>@public.kitware.com           Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                                 Subject:      [vtkusers] Need help regarding
                                                      running VTK examples
   Sent by:  vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                           03/02/2001 11:33 AM

HI
     I am new to VTK. I am successfully installed vtk. However when I
run an example from my home dir the following is the error I get. any help
is appreciated
thanks
chandra

vtk /contrib/vtk/graphics/examplesTcl/Cone.tcl
Error in startup script: couldn't read file
"../../examplesTcl/vtkInt.tcl": no such file or directory
    while executing
"source $VTK_TCL/vtkInt.tcl"
    (file "/contrib/vtk/graphics/examplesTcl/Cone.tcl" line 6)