[vtkusers] vtkcutter help?

Shiva Bissoon sbissoo2 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 13:46:54 EST 2001

Hi all,
I am having problems using vtkcutter and I was hoping I could get some
help.I have created a box using tcl commands...simply the cubesource and I
have placed some particle that are ellipsoids.I wanted to cut the particles
and be able to display them on a separate window.I was able to use vtkcutter
and set the input to be the cube but that gives me an outline of the cutter
when displayed in the rendered window and there appears to be no filling in
between.I used vtkplane as my cut function. It also does nothing to the
particles inside, i.e they appear uncut and I can't see a plane passing
through them.The cutter is easy to mainupulate but it is useless in seeing
the particles it passes through. I also tried inputing the particles I
created but that does nothing.
  Can someone suggest an alternative?Is vtkcutter only good for datasets and
not for sources?Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Shiva