[vtkusers] vtkPanel

Matthew O'Brien matthew_obrien at ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Jun 28 12:17:01 EDT 2001

>Basically, a render doesn't occur until you have actors present.  This is
the way the
>old vtkPanel was designed, basically you could take out all of the checks
for
>ren.VisibleActorCount() ==0) and things should work fine.
>-Jeff

I wish it were that simple. That was one of the first things I checked when
I was trying to figure out what was going on. The VisibleActorCount() is 1
on the example I'm trying to run.

Right now I'm just trying to run test.java
(http://public.kitware.com/vtkhtml/exampleCode.html)
so I don't think it's the code that's causing the problems.

Thank you for your suggestions,
Any other ideas are greatly appreciated
Matt