[vtkusers] re: slow volume visualization

Lisa S. Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Jun 28 11:39:48 EDT 2001

Hello Dean,

If you are not achieving the frame rates you see in VolView, then you
probably have not downsampled your data far enough.

Checking for events for aborting is a platform-specific thing. You'll need
to implement this differently depending on what window manager you have,
what you are using for your GUI, etc. In VolView, we have special code for
Windows or X depending on your platform.

You probably don't want to abort on mouse motion, but on mouse button
presses. Otherwise, the high resolution render will often be cancelled.

Lisa