[vtkusers] SetScalarRange

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Jun 28 03:52:21 EDT 2001

    MK> I'm using PolyDataReader and PolyDataMapper to read in a vtk
    MK> file which has a lookup table with 3 colour values.  The only
    MK> way I've been able to display the object correctly to use the
    MK> three colour values is to use SetScalarRange(0,3).  However, I
    MK> can't use this call because I will need to use the same method
    MK> to open different files that may have more than 3 colours.
    MK> Any suggestions?

Cant you do something like the following?

pdr = vtkPolyDataReader()
# <setup the reader>
pdm = vtkPolyDataMapper()
# <setup the mapper and the pipeline>
r = pdr.GetPointData().GetScalars().GetRange()
pdm.SetScalarRange(r)

Ofcourse, replace PointData with CellData if that is what is
appropriate.  I am also assuming that your lookup table is appropriate
for your data.

prabhu