[vtkusers] Install vtk to use with java in Windows98

Cilas Freitas cilasfreitas at terra.com.br
Sun Jun 24 13:39:39 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to install vtk to use with java(JDK1.3) in Windows98, but I got
some problems.
Could you help me?

When I tryed to compile the "vtkPanel.java" and I got this messages:

  C:\Arquivos de programas\vtk32\java>javac -deprecation vtkPanel.java
  vtkPanel.java:58: warning: getPeer() in java.awt.Component has been
deprecated
        ((DrawingSurface)this.getPeer()).getDrawingSurfaceInfo();
                         ^
  1 warning

So, when I tryed to compile another files, I noticed that they depended on
vtkPanel too:

  C:\Arquivos de programas\vtk32\java>javac test2.java
  test2.java:19: cannot access vtkPanel
  bad class file: .\vtkPanel.class
  class file contains wrong class: vtk.vtkPanel
  Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
classpath.
  vtkPanel renPanel = new vtkPanel();
  ^
  1 error

Then I removed the vtkPanel.class from the current directory to force
the compiler to use classes from vtk.jar:

  C:\Arquivos de programas\vtk32\java>javac test2.java
  test2.java:19: cannot resolve symbol
  symbol  : constructor vtkPanel  ()
  location: class vtkPanel
  vtkPanel renPanel = new vtkPanel();
                      ^
  test2.java:20: cannot resolve symbol
  symbol  : method setSize  (int,int)
  location: class vtkPanel
  renPanel.setSize(400,400);
          ^
  test2.java:22: cannot resolve symbol
  symbol  : method add  (vtkPanel)
  location: class java.awt.Frame
  window.add(renPanel);
        ^
  test2.java:39: cannot resolve symbol
  symbol  : method GetRenderer  ()
  location: class vtkPanel
  vtkRenderer ren1 = renPanel.GetRenderer();
                             ^
  Note: .\vtkPanel.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
  Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
  4 errors

Thank you,

Cilas de Freitas