[vtkusers] VTK 3.2 with Java on Solaris

johnny carroll norris jnorris at csar.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 21 18:27:23 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to compile VTK with Java 1.2 under Solaris 7.  When I use the GNU
compilers, everything goes well, but when I try to use the native compilers,
libvtkJava.so fails to load.  Java claims that vtkJava isn't in the library
path.  I suspect that the problem is that I'm not setting JAVA_CXX_LIB to
the correct value in user.make.  The default value is for the GNU compilers,
and I'm not sure what I should use for the native compilers.

Has anyone had any success with this?

Thanks,
John
--