[vtkusers] Problems building fresh CVS checkout on FreeBSD

David D. Marshall gte552m at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 21 13:11:59 EDT 2001

Having never used FreeBSD, this may not help, but I think that the compiler
command needs a -shared flag to tell the linker to create a shared library
and not an executable (that's why it's looking for the main function).  Check
the autoconf log to see why it didn't put the -shared flag in.

HTH.

--
David D. Marshall
Visiting Scientist

ARTLab System Administrator/GRA

The legitimate object of government is to do for a community
of people whatever they need to have done, but cannot do at all,
or cannot so well do, for themselves in their separate and
individual capacities.  -- Abraham Lincoln