[vtkusers] Labeling axes with strings

Karin Faulhaber faulhabe at ipf.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Jun 20 04:54:59 EDT 2001

Hi,

does anyone know of a possibility to label an axes actor (or some points
at the axes' endpoints) with strings (e.g. "east", "north", "height") in
a way that the user always faces the front of the text string, even if I
rotate the axes?
(Scaling or Translating doesn't matter because only rotating is allowed
in my subclass of vtkPanel.)

As far as I can see vtkLabeledDataMapper doesn't take strings,
vtkScaledTextActor is only 2D and vtkTextSource/vtkVectorText don't
always show the front ...

Any hints are appreciated!
Thanks
Karin