[vtkusers] vtkInteractor to only rotate on one axis?

Phlip pplumlee at omnigon.com
Mon Jun 18 18:33:24 EDT 2001

Proclaimed David Gobbi from the mountaintops:

> Try customizing vtkRenderWidget.py instead, it should be much easier.
> Use the tk 'after' to drive animations.  The vtkInteractorStyleUser is
> an ugly beast (though CustomInteraction.py works fine for me, the mouse
> buttons rotate & zoom & move the plane).

Now I get it. The instructions are "Hold down the middle button & move the
mouse while it is held down". This opens the question how to I just timer
that motion while the button is down - like the default motions work - but
I'l just try your alternative suggestion first.

(And could someone tweak the VTK mailing list daemon to put the mailing
list address in the Reply-To, not the poster's address? Right now if I use
my Reply button the default address is David's personal one!)

  Phlip                          phlip_cpp at my-deja.com