[vtkusers] Faster slice display

TJ Wilkinson tswilkin at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 18 13:57:17 EDT 2001

I am working with vtkImageWindow, vtkImager, vtkActor2D, vtkMapper, etc,
to try and display 2D volumes slicewise.  I am using vtkImageReader to
read the volumes.

I would like to be able to pan through the slices faster than the simple
pipeline ImageReader->Mapper->Actor->>Imager seems to allow.  I would like
to view a low-res version of the volume if it is possible to do it on the
fly.

Is there some way in VTK to buffer slices for faster viewing, or to load a
low-res version of a volume into some array for fast viewing?

Thanks.

Todd