[vtkusers] Nonblocking vtkRenderWindowInteractor

Rene Tschirley pooh at lava.cs.tu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 13 12:02:39 EDT 2001

Dear Lisa,

> VTK is not thread-safe by default. [...]

Thank you for this statement. At least I now know that it's not my fault!
:-)

Anyway, is there no chance to allow a separated user interaction while
running an interactor? How could I ever write an application with a
graphical user interface that includes for example a vtkRenderWindow? Do
I really have to rewrite the event loop?

Looking at the Tcl examples, it seems so easy that I wonder how it can be
so difficult with C++!

Bye,
	René

--
Dipl.-Inform. René Tschirley,              http://cg.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pooh
TU Berlin, Computer Graphics and Computer Assisted Medicine research group