[vtkusers] How to downsample a volume with vtkVolume16Reader?

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Wed Jun 13 11:59:08 EDT 2001

Use vtkImageShrink3D, it is the only VTK filter that provides antialiased
image downsampling.  Either that, or you can use vtkImageGaussianBlur
(for antialiasing) followed by either vtkImageResample or vtkImageReslice
(for downsampling).  The vtkImageShrink3D approach is much faster, though.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                       dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group