[vtkusers] shutter glasses and linux

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Tue Jun 12 12:55:53 EDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Allen R. Lorenz wrote:

> I have Elsa Revelator shutter glasses with my geforce board ( Nvidida
> linux drivers May 15 )). I know the glasses work with vrviewer under
> windows me, but I would like to use them with vtk under linux.

The relevator drivers are provided by ELSA, not by nVidia.
The linux nVidia drivers do not support the Revelator.  I don't
have any special knowledge here, I've just read the README files.

As far as I know, the Relevator glasses don't have windowed OpenGL
support and can't be used with VTK under Windows either.  If any
one can prove me wrong, I'd be glad to hear.  We have several
pairs of Relevator glasses, but we use them with a 3DLabs graphics
board (the Relevator glasses are only 15% the cost of Crystal Eyes).

 - David