[vtkusers] Points to 3D-Surface

George Kamucha kamucha at hfm.e-technik.uni-kassel.de
Tue Jun 12 12:38:11 EDT 2001

Hi all,
I am using the vtkCellLocator to obtain a surface map of the distance
difference between two data sets, after aligning them using ICP. The
distance difference data is stored in a vtkPoints structure, which I
have been able to visualize as a cloud of points by inserting vertices
on the points but I would like to present this data as a surface. Since
the difference distance is a plane, I can't use the
vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter nor vtkContourFilter to generate an
isosurface. I thought of vtkGaussianSplatter but the output is not
optimum. I would really appreciate if I would get suggestions on how to
go about this. Please assist
Thanks

George

--
George Kamucha

Phone : +49 -561-804 6509 (Office); +49 -561-870 5662 (Resi.)
Fax   : +49 -561-804 6529 (Office)
URL   :
http://www.uni-kassel.de/fb16/hft/mitarbeiter/kamucha/kamucha.html