[vtkusers] ColorMapping and Scalar Data

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sun Jun 10 04:30:01 EDT 2001

hi,

    CB> Hello Everyone; Thanks in advance to everyone out there.

    CB> I am having trouble obtaining colour mapping my data.  My data
    CB> is a series of X,Y,Z data points, with the X and Y data being
    CB> indices and the Z the height that I'm interested in.  I've
    CB> looked through the Users quide and the Visualization toolkit
    CB> book, but I can't figure out how I should be presenting my
    CB> datapoints to represent them as scalar quantities.  I want to
    CB> the colour scale to represent the magnitude of the Z component
    CB> of the data.

I dont know if this will help but you could treat the data as if it
were x,y data along a plane (hence z=const) and then use the actual z
value you want to represent as the scalar.

You can also take a look at the vtkWarpScalar class, it might be of
use.

BTW, the url

     http://www.kitware.com/FileFormats.pdf

doesnt seem to work anymore.