[vtkusers] Load update of datafile

Benitio del Cruz theqontinuum at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 09:56:52 EDT 2001

Hi All,

I'm working on a visualisation tool which receives its input through
vtk-data files created by a simulation model.
Every now and then (period > few seconds) the next simulation step is
computed, and saved to the -same- datafiles. I already have a little module
which checks the file-attributes to see whether it's changed or not, but the
problem is the actual vtk-pipeline-update: it consist of a vtkDataSetReader,
to which several filters are attached.
No matter how I try to tickle the reader, it won't reread the file. I've
tried Update(), OpenVTKFile(), Modified(), etc. I worked around it for the
moment by creating a second vtkDataSetReader, pointing to the same file,
attaching it to the pipeline, and then deleting the old one. It is kind of
working, but not exactly a nice solution.
Anybody got any ideas?

yours sincerely,
Benitio