[vtkusers] vtkQGL for Windows (combining vtk and qt)

Matthias Zangl zangl at ism-austria.at
Fri Jun 1 09:24:13 EDT 2001

Hello Sebastien!

Well, thanks for the links but they have already been the starting point for
my search of combining qt and vtk. My problem ist, that the vtkQGL (from Jan
Ehrhardt) is made for the use with X11 and needs at least some changes to
run under Win2000 (found this on Jan Ehrhardts Webpage). After looking
through the mailing-list-archive at kitware's I discovered the following
article - written bei Jan Stifter:

-------------------------
> Does anyone know if Jan Stiller has completed the Windows version of
vtkQGL?  Thanks for the info.

actually, my name is Jan Stifter and it is not necessary to have a special
version for Windows. Just the right compiler switches are needed. I can send
anyone interested in developing vtk and qt applications on win32 a tiny
example which can be compiled under win32 and uses vtkQGL.

neither Jan Erhart nor me have to much time to develop more in vtkQGL, but I
am planning a complete revision of the code and will then make it public (of
course together with Jan Erhart, since he owns the copyright).

Well, and now I'd be looking forward to these switches to use the vtkQGL
with Win32. I already looked at Jan Stifters vtkandqt-library but it seems
to me that it doesn't come up to my needs. I want to display the slices of a
3d-volume separatly and it doesn't seem to me that this is possible with
vtkandqt from Jan Stifter (maybe I am wrong and someone could point me to
the right direction?).

Thanx,
Matthias