[vtkusers] Dynamic Pipeline changes

Robert Mitchell robmitch at eng.uts.edu.au
Mon Jul 30 22:53:35 EDT 2001

Hi Users,

Just wondering, if I've set up a pipeline;

vtkBMPReader - vtkImageClip - vtkImageLuminance - vtkImageData ---To
Process manually
&
vtkBMPReader - vtkImageClip - vtkImageLuminance - vtkImageActor---To
View in window
(up to vtkImageLuminance are the same objects)

Then, from interaction, I want to get rid of the BMPReader, clipper and
ImageLuminance and have the ImageData (now changed) as input into the
ImageActor. How does one do that - I have just deleted the ImageData
then created it again, and set it as input into the Actor, although I'm
running into problems when the remaining items are deleted in my
destructor. Do I need to do some tweeking with the reference counting or
is there a simple way of disconnecting joints in a pipeline and
rejoining with other elements?
Cheers,
Rob

--