[vtkusers] Inconsistencies in AA & largeImage

David E. Jones jonesde at rainbow.es.dupont.com
Thu Jul 26 13:28:03 EDT 2001

Jan Vittrup Hansen wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have been trying to add printing capabilities to a small app I am
> writting. In one window may contain four renderers showing orthogonal views
> and a perspective view.    o Somewhere I read that I might use antialiasing instead.
> Unfortunatly,
>       though I do vtkRenderWindow.SetAAFrames(16), only one of my
>       four renderers is rendered with this setting.
>
> It seems that both methods are inconsistent,
> as the accept a renderer and act on the window instead, and the reverse.

 Hello Jan,

I also have an  application which uses four renderers in  one window.
The  problem you have with only one of the four renderers working
is  somewhat like a problem I have.     My application has worked
with many different PC's with different graphics boards and also
the SGI O2 and Octane.  However, when it runs on a PC with the
Matrox 450 board only one of the renderers works.   I just get a black
background in the three other viewports.

I just wondered if you've ever run your application on a PC with
a Matrox 450 and if you experienced this problem.

For printing, my users have been using some PC utility which I
think is called snaggit to capture screen shots.

I've used vtkRenderLarge on another version of the program
which just uses one renderer.    However, I've seen two messages
about offscreen rendering on Win32 today in the email list and I
 think that's a better way to go.   Maybe you can resolve your
 problem with offscreen printing.  I don't know if it's available for
 Unix.  If you'd like copies of these messages I can forward
  them to you.

  Another alternative with RenderLarge would be to create
  a second small RenderWindow just  for the purpose of
  making a large image of one of the views for printing.

 Regards,
  Dave

--
David E Jones