[vtkusers] vtkPicker in Java

Jingyi Jin jinjingyi at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 18:39:25 EDT 2001

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you had experience in
developing programs using vtkPicker in Java. I tried
to follow the example pickCells.cxx, but at some point
I didn't know how to translate the code.

For example, Java uses vtkPanel to handle all the
mouse events, neither vtkRenderWindow nor
vtkRenderWindowInteractor has been used to render
objects and get the mouse interaction, but the
vtkPicker is set to the vtkRenderWindowInteractor. How
should I adapt my code so that I can use vtkPicker in
vtkPanel?

I would greatly appretiate if any of you can send me
example codes for this.

Thank you for your attention. Have a good day.

Jingyi