[vtkusers] Cell types

Gavin Tabor G.R.Tabor at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 08:52:14 EDT 2001

Dear All,

I'm trying to import data from an unstructured CFD grid into
a vtkUnstructuredGrid. (Actually, its an update of a previous
routine which just worked on hex cells). As far as I can make
out, the following 3d cell types are supported :

hex     = 8 vertices
wedge   = 7 vertices
pyramid = 5 vertices
tet     = 4 vertices

What happened to prisms, ie. a cell with 6 vertices? Is there
a VTK_PRISM, or a vtkPrism class? I can't find one. If not, is
there a generic n-vertex cell available? I can't find that
either.

Gavin

--

Dr. Gavin Tabor
School of Engineering and Computer Science