[vtkusers] problems with scalars - lookup tables.

ferrant ferrant at tele.ucl.ac.be
Mon Jul 23 11:51:21 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have some problems with the scalars associated with image data.

The pipeline is as follows :
vtkLookupTable lut
set all the range, etc.
lut Build

vtkImageMapToColors map
map SetInput grayscaleimage
map SetLUT  lut
map UpdateWholeExtent

vtkImageData newImage
newImage DeepCopy [map GetOutput]

map Delete
lut Delete

If I do a GetScalarRange on newImage after this, I (with some color luts)
get 0 0. However, when I pass it to an imageviewer for instance (or any
other filter), and if I explicitly set the window level to the level I
know, the image shows up OK.

Am I doing something wrong in this pipeline ? Why doesn't GetScalarRange
return the correct values ? Do I need to do something else than DeepCopy
to have the scalars copied correctly ?

any help would be greatly appreciated !

thanks,

matt

M.Ferrant, Ph.D.
UCL/TELE Room A-157 Place du Levant, 2 B-1348LLN - Belgium
Tel. +32-10-478073 Fax. : +32-10-472089
http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/MEMBERS/Ferrant_Matthieu_e.html