[vtkusers] (no subject)->Linux RH6.1, Tcl,Mesa,Java,Python (fwd)

Subha Parvathy Mahaadevan smahaade at utsi.edu
Tue Jul 17 21:08:54 EDT 2001

I installed vtk rpms available for Linux7.1 from the ftp site
ftp://public.kitware.com/pub/vtk/vtk3.2/RedHat7.0RPMs/

I have also installed Mesa and tcl rpms available from the same site .

My vtk executable (created by installing tcl ) is in the /usr/bin
directory and my vtk example files are in the /usr/lib/vtk directory .

when I run the following command
        /usr/bin/vtk  /usr/lib/vtk/graphics/examplesTcl/Cone.tcl

 I get the following error :
 /usr/bin/vtk: error while loading shared libraries:
/home/smahaade/library/libVTKCommonTcl.so: undefined symbol:
__pure_virtual

the directory mentioned in the error message is the softlink to the
directory that has the libVTK*.so library files .

Where have I gone worng ?
Any help will be really appreciated .

Thanks .

Subha .